Saturday, July 22, 2006

Life is for living.

This past week was kind of busy. On monday we had an RCIA Inquiry Session where people could come and ask questions about RCIA and the Church in general. I made the newspaper ad for it and a decent number of people showed up, so I was happy.

On Wednesday, as I said before, we took a trip to Ironton, OH. It was good to hang out with Fr. Nau and Bradley, another seminarian. We saw the lovely churches in Ironton, St. Joseph and St. Lawrence, as well as St. Mary, a tiny country church in nearby Pine Grove. It's amazing how few of our diocese's churches I've seen. Someday, when I have a bit of time off, I'll get some friends and go see every one of them. That'd be a heck of a road trip.

Finally, yesterday we had our seminarian "picnic" at Msgr. Campbell's house at Atwood Lake. I say "picnic" because we really ate inside, though we did go out on a boat for a while. It was a good time.

I'm down to my last full weekend here in Marietta. Everyone say it with me: time flies. Next saturday I will head home for a night, and my friend Joe's "bachelor party" (miniature golf, laser tag, food, and a Pirates game). The next day I will head down to Wheeling, WV and up into the hills for our seminarian retreat. I found out yesterday that we should have five new guys there (bringing the total to eleven). It should be a good time.

So ... this weekend, like all the weekends here, is mostly focused on mass. It's kind of cool to think about: most people (including me, a lot of the time) focus on getting through the week so they can relax on the weekend, but the priesthood is kind of non-stop. Things may slow down during the day on the weekend, but in reality, the saturday evening and sunday masses are the big show. It's what everything is oriented towards. Not bad.

No comments: