Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend update ...

... with .. me. Not with whoever is doing it now ... or with Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon. Not funny.

Anyway ... the summer is swiftly running its course and I follow it down its mountain path. Only two more weeks in Marietta, and then I head home for one night, leave for a five day seminarian retreat the next day, come back and hang out at home for two weeks and then head back to the seminary on August 21 to help out with orientation. Time flies. Period.

I saw several friends this weekend when I went up towards the Cleveland area for a wedding and get together. It's hard to believe that I've been out of college for over a year. I do miss living with all of those people, but I am happy with what I'm doing now.

Summer is always cool. Having the year divided up with a couple big breaks is great, but, sometimes, I just want to get on with what I have to do. I have five more years of seminary. I'm impatient to be completely finished with school, but I also know that I need to be where I am. I need to grow stronger in my relationship with God and my prayer life, and there is a lot I need to learn. It's still a long time, but I think it will be over before I know it.

Right now I need to learn how to live in the moment and appreciate that God is with me (all of us) right now.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ
with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,
as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world,
to be holy and without blemish before him.
In love he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ,
in accord with the favor of his will,
for the praise of the glory of his grace
that he granted us in the beloved.
In him we have redemption by his blood,
the forgiveness of transgressions,
in accord with the riches of his grace that he lavished upon us.

(From today's second reading.)

No comments: