Friday, October 06, 2006

Lord of the Rings ...

... George Lucas-style!

Totally hilarious as well as scary.

"This is the digital age. We have computers ... and computers and electricity and money. We don't need a script!"

"I don't use locations. I have computers."

"We thought that when you're making a movie on the scale of Lord of the Rings, the first step to take is to stay as untrue to the novel as possible."

"I've always dreamed of working with George Lucas, but now that I'm here and the blue screens are just so overwhelming and I haven't even been on set yet ... They made me dress in a blue costume in a blue room and I didn't know what I was doing. George wasn't even directing, he wasn't even there! Christopher Lee was playing Sauraman, he was the only other sane person on set ..."

"... with this new technology we don't have to do all plot, we can have a little bit of fun too. So because Lord of the Rings is so dark and can sometimes get very serious I decided that during the battle of Helm's Deep, there should be a shot of a banana slapping itself in the face."

Ironically, I think Peter Jackson may have fallen into some of these strategies in parts of LOTR movies.

2 comments:

Chris said...

lol its strange you should post this, I've been listening to The Two Towers in my car the last few days

father michael said...

I hope it didn't offend any Star Wars lovers out there ...

That's a darn good soundtrack.